1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Starting with a head and a cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zack_Blanc, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Zack_Blanc

Zack_Blanc

Oct 10, 2008
    I have been looking at this bundle at thomann.
    I don't have much money to spare. I can go as high as 500, I think. Can I get some thoughts/recommendations? My main bass is a Yamaha TRB 1006j. Thanks in advance!

2. Zack_Blanc

Zack_Blanc

Oct 10, 2008
    Thanks for the quick response!Could you please tell me what's the difference between these two cabs? first second

*edit* where did that guy's reply disappear to?

3. One step ahead and two steps behind, I realised the impedance was no good so I deleted my post!

yes, you want two of the 2nd one, being 8 ohms apiece, they'll probably do you a deal on that also.

4. Zack_Blanc

Zack_Blanc

Oct 10, 2008
    Oh, that's what happened:p

What's the difference in 4 and 8 ohms?

Also, is this head any good?

5. I never heard any of that gear but they are supposed to sound similar to the rest of the GK stuff, very rock oriented. Plenty of happy MB200 owners out there.

4 ohms just means a single cab gets all the amp power available but two 8 ohm cabs does it better as a rule. Two 8 ohm cabs make a 4 ohm load on the amp. Read the amps/ohms etc sticky and see you next week.

6. Zack_Blanc

Zack_Blanc

Oct 10, 2008
    I do like my rock, but I prefer a more jazzy feel to my sound. Can I have any recomendations?

7. At those prices, just have a go and send it back if you don't like it.