1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

State Taxes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by deeptubes, Feb 19, 2013.

  1. deeptubes


    Feb 21, 2011
    Apparently I failed to file state for the year 2009. In Sept 2012, I received a bill for $1460 that said pay now or they were garnishing my pay. I spoke with a rep and I never received credit for my withheld taxes. Received credit for my wife, but not mine. The woman had me fax my W2s so they could be processed - new tax amount, interest, etc. But, I had to start paying on it. No prob. Wasn't going to be much, so we agreed to a garnishment of $50/week. That was in Sept of last year. I recently received a bill for $1179.98 that essentially said PAY US NOW OR ELSE. I paid it on an official website. According to my paystubs, I have also paid $950 over time. I will be receiving documentation of payments tomorrow from our payroll services. I spoke with another rep today, and he said they have only received $600 in garnishments. He said that the total bill was about $1480 now - about $1020 being back taxes - with a balance due of $0 He also said I only had credit for $513 in withholdings. That is exactly how much my wife had withheld. I had $793 withheld, according to my W2, that I never received credit for. So, now the state owes me no less than $1700. I'm going to have to talk to yet another rep tomorrow and go through this all over again. Absolutely no way I'm letting $1700 slide.
  2. 4dog


    Aug 18, 2012
    Wow, move to texas. Sorry dude.
  3. deeptubes


    Feb 21, 2011
    I suppose it's my fault for not filing state. But, it doesn't change the fact that I was overcharged AND I overpaid.

    I feel a case of GAS coming on!
  4. 1958Bassman


    Oct 20, 2007
    Who does your taxes?