1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Static noise with humbucker pu

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by K25th, Jun 3, 2012.

1. K25th

K25th

Jul 15, 2011
    Hello guys, im new here, and i've been admiring the bass for sometime, but only get to buy one a few days ago. It's a really old nameless 2nd hand bass but a fine and cheap one for a first bass, i've been practicing for 3 days and there's a problem.

See, i borrow an Rolland Cube 60 from a neighbor for practice, he plays guitar. I think it's a guitar amp but it's quite big and get the bass sound just fine so it'll do until i can get together some money to buy my own amp. The split humbucker pu on the bass produce some really nasty static noise when i crank up the volume. if i keep muting the 1st and 2nd string then it's quiet, but if i touch the pu it gets even louder.

I dont know what the problem is, and this forum should be a good place to start asking question. So does anyone have any idea how to fix this?