1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Static-X show last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Jun 21, 2005.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I went to the show last night at the FatCat in downtown Modesto C.A. They put on a great show, they were very loud I still have the buzzing in my ears. I met Dino from Fear Factory he was also their. He was very cool , gave me a cd and signed it. :bassist:

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I saw Static X open for Megadeth, I had never heard of them until then. I about died laughing when they came out, I was like, "OH MY GOD, IT'S THE SLIM JIM GUY!" Then he started moving his head like a robot.

They did put on a really good Nu Metal type show... though their fog machine had the drummer rendered invisible... in fact, I think he left halfway through. :D

3. Are they still hairy like mammoths?

4. OiBass

OiBass

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus,OH
    I hope you kept the kids at home! ;)

5. I saw them 2004 opening slot on a festival... i loved them from the start... the music is a bit ... unoriginal, but what really is the importnat thing with them is the show... they're like the industrial-metla-version of KISS.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Nice place... has good sound but i got bad vibe from security there when band i help out played a show there... security harassed me for 10 minz while i was helping my friends setup... bunch of loosers who think they are cops...

BTW you from modesto? heard of thr3efold?