1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

static!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by elavate7, Apr 16, 2010.

1. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    its all about "THE POCKET"
    i have just used my rig for the first time yet i have static coming from the cab. its not serious and its actually on and off. is it jst the speakers getting used to the head or is it a problem?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    problem, but probably not a big one. check all your jacks and cables.

3. Hi.

Yep, a problem.

You have to give us a bit more information though. An intermittent static sounds strange, are You sure that it's not just blanketed by the signal.

First, is the static a low rumble 50 or 60 Hz AC frequency depending of where You live, or is it a tweeter hiss that dissapears when You turn the tweeter off (if any)?

Regards
    Sam

4. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    its all about "THE POCKET"
    it may be the signal because i heard a radio coming through it, but it wasnt noticable. its 60HZ-20kHz. its not the tweeter im sure.

5. Hi.

If it's anything like a radio static or radio signal, there's something in Your system that's acting like an antenna.

PITA to diagnose and repair, but shielding sometimes works. Then again, a poor shielding can act like an antenna.

Regards
    Sam