Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Station Fire Update

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thor, May 12, 2003.

1. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Just wanted to pass along this news re the Station Fire in RI a little while ago.

I am sorry to report Ms. Pam Gruttadauria, 33, of Johnston, RI passed away last week at Mass General Hospital after a valiant fight for survival.

Ms. Gruttadauria, a hostess at a local Holiday Inn, and her parent's only daughter, succumbed after complications to burn wounds received while at a Great White concert.

She had been featured 8 days ago in a front page follow-up article in New York Times as one of the remaining critically injured Station Club Fire victims,
    bringing the death toll to 100.

Sadly, I think all of us here thought that Pam would make it, somehow. She had made it so far. She had made it through 15 surgical operations, had lost her
    lower arms, and her eyelids were sewn shut to prevent infection. Whether she could see or not was unknown. She fought off bacterial infections before suffering loss of other organic functions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/06/national/nationalspecial2/06BURN.html

R.I.P.
    -------------

All I can say is, those days when I am feeling down, these kinds of things remind me how small my problems are, and how lucky I am to be alive, and well and have good family and friends.

Take a second to tell the people you love how you feel about them.

Peace
    OG

2. Man, that is how I feel about everything these days. This is what gets me through. I think about stuff like this and my 'depression' fades out.

3. Oh my God. :(

Yes, rest in peace, Pam.

Mike