1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Status 5 - Flatwounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by KrispyJones, Jun 23, 2007.

1. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    hi guys

the status shark 5 string is 12 years old and i love it.
    should i get the daddario chromes or use the FENDER LM and a roundwound B string

is this a common thing to use a "normal" B with a flatwoundset ?

thanks for your help guys

greets from nuernberg

chris

2. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    please help me...... cause i do have fender tapewounds with a roto b on and it sounds cool....

......is it common to use a normal b with a flatwound e a d g set ?

3. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    I'll bite - Why do you want to use a roundwound B, regardless of whether it is common or not?

4. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    i only do have a 4 string fender LM set here, and a fender tapewound 4 string set !

..... it also sounds not bad (tapewounds and roundswound B).....

so i wanted to know if i should put the flatwound on or wait and save money.....

5. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    hm..... if you have 2 basses .... a fender jazz with flats and "oldschool" bartolini pick up.... should i took the same set up for the 5 string or go and get anoter set with for example elixier for a diffrent sound !?`greets chris

6. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    i tried the chromes and have to say im very pleased with the sound and especially the b string. good set, nice sound and better "feel" for the fingers (less stiff for ex.) than my fenders L on the jazzbass

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021