1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

status carbon fiber neck for jazz basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kyle cuppett, Apr 26, 2010.

1. wanted to share my experience with this product.its installed onto a swamp ash 60s placement warmoth body,sgd pickups(which i also really like)passive vvt setup cts 250k pots,sprague vitamin q .047 oil and paper cap.on to the neck,it was bought here on tb from another member.the action and finish is awesome.from owning my 63 jazz i can tell no difference except for the finish is vastly smoother,and the frets are a touch brighter.i want to post pics and sound sample as soon as i can.ive never heard of anyone talk about these and there great

2. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Status makes a fantastic product in my opinion

3. the action is insane,but doesnt clack or fretout on the upper register

Attached Files:

4. another of action

Attached Files:

5. i love status.... if only they were allowed to make buzzard 1's again.....

something i have noticed from my status and looking at pictures from TB'ers they are really consistent with the finish on the necks. they are all glass smooth without much friction on the thumb and the frets are done perfect, not even a scratch on the laquered over fret ends!

6. i agree,without a doubt.another thing that almost made me not get this are the people that say these type of necks are prone to a certain "plastic" quality or the fundamental isnt as strong since it isnt wood.well im here to tell you this is hands down the smoothest sounding neck ive ever owned.i know the bass is only as good as the sum of its parts,but....wow.ive seen others with onboard preamps,outboard preamps and they always ask how is yours set and im laughing inside when i say flat on my genz benz 9.0 into 2 bergantino ht210 cabs.and the jaws drop haha

7. I have one. Very nice, but not very Fender-y, with the 16" radius and flat profile. A much more modern feel. But very nice. Mine came with crummy fretwork though- needed a lot of leveling.

8. yeah i love the flat profile on my B2, it feels like a P neck with a flat board (if that makes sense).

i have only heard of 2 or 3 'bad' experiences with status necks, yours dmusic148 and another TB'er had a badly moulded phenolic board (the resin was streaky and patchy) and then there was the most famous one....... one of john entwistles prototype buzzard 1's actually imploded :) the foam inside degraded and the shell collapsed.... so he framed it and put it on his wall :) (you can see it in a few vids on youtube and on 'an ox tale DVD)

dmusic148, did you do the work yourself or have it done at a shop? i think someone on here actually had a status neck PLEK'ed that would be cool :) one set up really would be all you would need