1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Status Eclipse Ltd Edition 5 w/LEDs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jimc, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    This is no. 42 of 100. I believe these basses were made around 1996. This particular example is in excellent condition, I don't use the term mint but this is as close as any I've seen. No dings or marks, in collectable condition if that is your thing.

Cherryburst finish over flame maple top. 34" graphite neck-thru with red LED side markers. Status hyperactive pickups with chrome covers. 18v active electronics. Controls are vol, blend, bass and treble. There's also a 3 position mid switch. The other switch turns the LEDs on and off.

The 2 lower strap buttons are stock, Status always installs them this way. It makes standing the bass against something more stable and also give you another option for strap length.

Very playable neck, I don't believe there is a truss-rod but the neck relief is perfect as is.

Comes with original Hiscox case also in excellent shape. For those that have never tried a Status, I highly recommend this bass and would put it up against a Zon or Modulus anytime.

Asking $1900 shipped in the US.

More pics here

[​IMG]

2. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Pure sex.

3. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM sent........

4. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Wow..... 2 consecutive serial number Custom Shop Statii's for sale at the sale time on TB, unbelievable! I was the original owner of #41 and in spite of the fact that it says right on the bass that it was a run of 100, I've been told by Status that probably less than 60 were actually made. This bass is even rarer than you would think and the construction quality is breath-taking!

5. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    I didn't even know no. 41 was on here! Somebody should buy both and have a matching set of 4 and 5 strings. Even more collectable :)

If nobody is interested in a cash sale this is probably going to get traded today so don't hesitate!

6. I miss my status :(

Out of interest, what is the weight?

7. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    I'll probably miss mine too. Trade pending!

It's around 10lbs.

8. ronlaf

ronlaf

Jul 5, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    If anyone is interested, no. 36/100 in that series, it's in Canada, at a local music store. Asking $1799 Cdn dollars, with a gig bag. The difference with this one is mid-controls are not there. It has no LED's. But it is very clean. I purchased an Empathy-5 with mid control from the same store.
    Rating cosmetically on this one: I would say 7.5 of 10. The chrome pickup covers are showing signs of wear/peeling (very little, but it is visible).
    However, the thing is a gem to play! I was considering it, but I have 2 5-string basses now. I'm looking to upgrade my 4-string section, looking at a KBII as an option.

I have no affiliation or connection to the store nor the instrument. I can give you contact info to the store. I'm not certain if I'm permitted to post that kind of info, so send me a note...I will send you info.

I hope that helps any of the Status collectors out there...

9. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    So... freaking... amazing!

10. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    Just received a PM enquiring on a trade, this bass traded months ago. My bad for not closing the thread at that time. Closing now and thanks for the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.