Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Status Empathy 4, green quilt, $1350!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by phogchris, Nov 11, 2003.

1. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I am in no hurry to sell this bass. It is the best bass I have owned. It sounds sooo good, but I cannot use it anymore as I endorse a company's equipment now.

I bought the bass about 6 months ago, it was NOS at a music store in Ft. Lauderdale, it was given to the store as a gift from the Gibson rep. It is a beautiful piece of work and plays perfectly. The condition, however, is not perfect. There are 4 dings to the clearcoat that I am responsible for and are clearly documented in the pics. They look worse in the pics because the flash seems to accentuate them. They obviously have no effect on the sound, which is bright, but powerful, I am not kidding. This bass is the most powerful bass I have ever heard. Also, the G string tuner needs replacement, the plastic piece broke. The tuner turns fine, but it is a bit rough and could be used as is. There is rust on the two top bridge pickup screws.

It has a 34" scale and Status made pickups, and includes a Status custom molded case in good condition. It also has a zero fret and a neck through graphite neck, no bolt on's here!!! It has bass and treble knobs, and variable mids, with a boost/flat/cut toggle switch. The electronics are 18v.

I emailed Rob Green at Status a few days ago and he said this bass originally SOLD for $2230 new which would roughly put it at $3000 list. Here is your chance to get a great instrument for alot less....the $1350 includes ground shipping anywhere in the continental US. This price is firm as I donot NEED to sell it. I will only trade it for a similiarly conditioned Czech Spector plus $400. Thanks for looking.

2. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
  3. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    There are actually 3 dings in this pic, 2 by the bass knob and one directly under that, almost on the other side.

4. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    The final ding is on the treble side horn...

5. Just wanted to say that I've got the old Zon Sonus 5 up and running, and it sounds great! I was curious--who are you endorsing? Can't find anything about it on your site...

6. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    It is Spector, there are links to our companies on the Links page under Lo partners...glad you like the ZON, I hated to part with it, but you should hear this Status....wow!!!

7. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
  8. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
  9. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
  10. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Only 5 hours left...any offers?! I need a Spector...

11. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    But I thought you had a endorsement deal with Spector? What's up??????

12. It usually means you're able to get stuff for 1/3 of regular price, or at cost.

13. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder

Sorry....I just thought since Progchris said he has an endorsement (and he didn't state at cost)I assumed it was free.

:oops:

14. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I wish it was free!!! LOL! But it is very inexpensive for me to get Spector's, which is cool...and it should say ANOTHER Spector...