Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Status Empathy 4 string $800+shipping

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jugghaid, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    I'm gonna part with this one as I really want a headless Status. I bought this one as I wanted to make sure I really liked their basses before I get the one I really want. Stealth 4 string headless. I can play any of the Ibanez ones or my Yammy once it's finished til I find the right one.

Selling this one will fund the next one (at least partially).

It's a great bass. Graphite neck thru Green quilted top. It has a couple of dings that I was going to get repaired if I decided to just keep it.

Awesome bass, but if I'm going to keep a Status, I want it to be headless.

Since it has a couple of dings, I'll let it go cheap. I saw a Fiver sell on eBay for $1300 recently
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=WDVW

Comes with the case. These cases are great. Someone hit it with something and punched about a 1" hole in the bottom though which I have shown. No damage to the bass though.

I'll let this one go for $800+shipipng (probably $30 in the US).

2. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    That's a nice bass..I would have to sell a Rick....Bump for a nice bass...

3. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Why'd you have to show me this after I've speant over $1200 on rig equipment? I love STATUS .. bump

4. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    :D

Sorry bro.

5. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    If you want a modern sounding bass that isnt too harsh and can REALLY get some tones BUY THIS NOW!! These are definatly one of the best brands out there IMO. Everything is top notch and they play so well. A new one would cost you a couple of grand for sure.

Joe

6. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Yup. This was well over $2000 new. I bought it from ProgChris here a while back. Great bass, I just want headless.

7. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Bump. Great price on a great bass here gents. If no bites buy tomorrow I'll have to put it on eBay. I'd rather see someone here get it.

8. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    one hour left................

9. Dennis Kong

Dennis Kong Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2004
    San Mateo CA
    Hi Jugghead!
    Been following your posting. Any luck!!
    Sorry to say I 'm not intrested ' case I play 5 string now.
    But I 'm a former Status owner.
    I used to own 2 Status 4 strings headless in the 80's when Rob Green was unknown in the US. Fretted & a converted
    Fretless. Don't remember model # ?? 2's or 2000's I think??
    I also met Rob, and Mark King when he was playing a headless Status in the 80's.

Sold the 4's to buy 5's in the late 90's.

You may want to check my guitar maker- Jerry Dorsch of
    Graphite Guitars Systems in Oakville Wa. when you ready
    to look for a headless bass. He's one of the cofounders of
    Modulus guitars. And used to work & modify my Status's.
    He built 3 basses for me: 5- fretless hollowbody,5- solid body
    and my current 5 hollowbody. Rob's body shape /design is my favorite and most comfortable for me.

The difference is: Rob's necks are thru body or the body halves are glued on to the graphite neck. Jerry's are a glue-
    in to the body like the Gibson with contoured heel.
    Soundwise: Kinda hard to compare in way. because Status Pu 's & preamp are different from the Bartolini's I had put in.
    Plus I haven't heard the Empathys .( Haven't
    seen Status bass in my area for years.)

If I compare my old Status's to the old converted ones/ with
    Bartolini's : Status are brighter but not so bottomy. The
    Bart's were a lot warmer with emphasis on mid's. (using a
    Swr 400 with 2 Swr 2-10 cabs in those days.)

If I compare the Status to Graphic Guitars, the Status is
    definitely lot brighter, and the Graphic Guitars would be woodier sounding, more Fender like. Both had maple tops, don't remember the back wood on Status, but GG has alder back.( My choice). I' m an old Fender man at heart.

Anyways: Jerry can build the bass with the woods you like
    and PU's ( Emg's, Bart's,etc,) his email is: JGGS@aol.com ( with his neck design-tho) (a consideration to think about.) (your taste)
    if you want see my bass: red & orange flamed maple & alder. Bartolinis and headstock. it's on
    the band's web site. www.fortesmoothjazz.com
    Good luck. Dennis

10. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Mighty Kong!!

Nice video......good stuff from the band.

I like the looks of the bass a lot. Great sound too. I'll definitely check into him.

11. Dennis Kong

Sep 1, 2004
    San Mateo CA
    Mighty Jugghead!!
    Heheh.
    Mark King autographed my album (his solo album "Influences")awhile ago and he wrote " Mark King Kong. ho-ho"
    We both had a laugh!! (wish I could play like him!)

Thanks fo' everything!!
    Glad ya liked the video & music.
    Dave the sax player has played with Huey Lewis (90's), Coasters, Drifters,Elvin Bishop,Cold Blood,Tower of Power,
    Billy Preston & Nancy Wilson- (Jazz singer). da- star.

I went direct on that track and I think?? Passive?? Sorry
    I don't remember, as we recorded it about 2 years ago and
    finished the DVD editing for it in Feb this year.

I was searching a tone with the pan pot and Celso- (the light hair engineer/producer in the video. He also plays drums for Floria Purium.) says that's it! It was little bit towards the
    front pu. R&B, smooth jazz sound. I was a little surprised as it was not my 1st choice but I went with it. And it turns out to be the appropriate one after all: as I leave it to the producer to make the call. ( afterall -we pay him the $$$).
    1 take and a half punch in (on the tagout) that day.
    That's one of the sounds you can get from the GGS bass.

Yes, do contact Jerry and mention my name, I 'm sure he'd be happy to work with you. And he already has the trace for the body as you can see. Guess where that came from?
    His phone : 360 273-7744. I think his computer is still down too.

12. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    Mr. King Kong,

Have you guys pressed anything but that demo? I would be interested in an EP or whole CD. I did not see mention of that on your site. Let me know as I may have some folks interested in hearing a few tunes. ;)

az

13. Dennis Kong

Sep 1, 2004
    San Mateo CA
    Mr: Azflyman;

Be happy to send you a cd. :)
    It's just a club demo with 3 tunes on it.
    I 'll mention that fact to our fearless leader Joe too.

About 2 years ago: I joined the band and 2 months later our fearless leader- Joe (drummer) pushed us to record a demo for the clubs. (With a small budget).

Besides the original on the web site, the other 2 tunes
    are: "Coming Home" -Herbie Mann &" Stolen Moments"- Oliver Nelson. I'm playing the GGS 5 on "Coming Home" & King upright
    bass on" Stolen Moments."

We plan to go into the studio next year to record hopefully
    about 9 tunes.

Just need your addr to send it. Sorry I 'm out of cd labels at the moment :( , but I ' ll get it out to you anyways.

And one of my friends who owns some of my basses:GGS 5 solid body & GGS 5 fretless hollowbody lives in Sedona. How far is that from you??
    Dennis