Status Graphite Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berklee46, Apr 26, 2001.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Any other Status fans out there?
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm intrigued by them, but haven't come across one in a decade...and, at that time, I had never even heard of them. Now I'd love to get my hands on one to see if they're as great as I hear...I might just be interested in picking one up!;)

If anyone knows of a shop in Chicago that carries 'em, let me know!:D
  3. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

i played one recently at a guitar show in Marin. it wasn't the cool headless one, but it was pretty nice.

there is a headless 5 on ebay right now that is sweet.

and of course they do make entwhistles new buzzard bass which is unreal.

if yr gonna go british i prefer wal, if yr gonna go graphite, i prefer steinies!

()rec'd a price list from them recently. soooo expensive.
  4. MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    A friend of mine has one of the 5 string all graphite models and also a 5 string model with the wood body. Both basses are excellent in their feel and sound. I would love to get a fretless Status. The necks are very comfortable for me as they are quite thin and the string spacing is not too tight. This cat is now endorsing Fodera so maybe I can convince him to unload one of these beauties.
  5. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    I own a cheap, entry level Status 4-string (only graphite reinforced) that I really like, but I can't really make useful comments since I haven't really played other basses in that price range.
    They're totally balanced (no neckdive), quite reliable, but they lack a character...though that depends on the amp.
    I guess they'll sound as confident as your are yourself.
  6. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I almost purchased the first 35" scale headless Status (SC-2). I should have, it was one of the best feeling and sounding basses I've played, and the construction quality was beyond anything I've experienced. the fretwork was perfect with shiny crowned frets that were perfectly level. Maybe next time...
  7. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    That new Mark King signature looks quite nice, I don't admire his playing that much at all, but the bass looks very fine.
    Although I would prefer to have a head on that neck.