1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Status graphite EBMM Ray 5 neck: Will it fit a G&L L-2500 tribute?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by infamusblkdeath, Oct 1, 2016.

1. infamusblkdeath

infamusblkdeath Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Schenectady
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience fitting a Status ray 5 neck on a G&L L-2500/Tribute? I acknowledge that Moses is probably what I should be looking into, but I just can't get behind their headstock shape (though I haven't ruled them out as a last resort). Also, I like that Status offers both lined and unlined fretless options as I am possibly looking to dip my toes into playing fretless..

I personally don't see why this couldn't work as they're both 6 bolt necks of course, but I know plenty of you guys have to know all of these neck to body profiles much better than I do. Thoughts?

2. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    The SR5 neck is 22 frets, the L2500 is 21.
    I'm not saying things are impossible, but highly difficult to make work properly. The bridge would likely need to be moved, just to make it play in tune properly.

infamusblkdeath and walterw like this.
  3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    very unlikely, as neither one fits fender spec, which is the usual standard. on top of that, there is no real "standard" for 5 strings, so everybody is different from everybody else.

rojo412 and infamusblkdeath like this.