Status Graphite neck without logo?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommygunn, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    A long time ago (before I knew anything about bass) I saw a 1980's jazz bass special with a strange headstock. I understood that normal jazz bass specials had a glossy black headstock but this bass had hatchings. I had never seen this before. I now know that is the same hatchings Status has on their headstock. But this didn't have the status logo, it had the normal Jazz bass special logo.

Any info on Status' logo-less necks?

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I remember the 80's Jazz Specials with the "crossweave" on the headstock, but I'm pretty sure that was just some kind of (graphite?) headstock overlay--the neck itself was wood.

Mike

3. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    THX! Well I couldn't tell anything differn't about the neck cause it was of the years they painted it black.

4. LCW

LCW Inactive

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Those jazz bass specials were called jazz bass special power.

It was juts a logo it was not graphite. They were like duffs model but active , some had high mass bridges stock and some had a body cut to allow for higher fret reaches.

5. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Oh I thought the powers had reg headstock...

6. LCW

LCW Inactive

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    !B(ncDLwCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CMEjlLly1TnBKdPrHO3Ew~~_35.jpg

some didnt and some did just like jazz bass specials like duffs had a whole black neck and some had just a black headstock

7. LCW

LCW Inactive

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    This one has the graphite look but you cant see it well.

pjbshs.gif

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021