1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Status Graphite" neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by coso1950, Apr 4, 2009.

1. coso1950

coso1950

Mar 14, 2009
    Split, Croatia
    I've got a few questions about this neck. I've sent it to them a few days ago but they still don't answer so I'm looking for some answers here. I was thinking about buying J style neck(4 string).

1. Do I get a nut or do I have to buy one seperatly?
    2. Is it possible to get a neck with a blank headstock? I don't mean without holes, but without "Status Graphite" logo.
    3. I know I get tuner holes drilled, but what about neck screws holes and string tree hole? Do I get these or do I have to drill them myself?
    4. If it's not a problem, I was wondering could you post a picture of "Status Graphite" J neck. I've been looking all over the place for that picture but I can't seem to find it. I mean picture of neck alone, detached form the body.

Thanks a lot

2. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Call Status at +44 (0) 1206 868 150 and speak with Dawn (Rob Green's wife). I'm sure she'll be happy to answer your questions.

3. let me know what their answers are, I'm also thinking about ordering a J-neck and was wondering about some of the same things

4. coso1950

coso1950

Mar 14, 2009
    Split, Croatia
    I'll wait a few more days for answers. I'm not really in a position to make internacional calls. I'm from Croatia(don't know why I'm saying this last information but... Ah, nevermind) .

5. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    According to the website, the necks come with slotted nuts and it looks like he'll drill everything out for you.

But there isn't a company in the world that will intentionally remove its brand logo from the headstock where it's always at.