Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

status graphites

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DeepDeath, Jul 26, 2001.

1. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    DeepDeath,
    You are right. I have played several status basses, including the all-graphite stealth 5, S2 classic 6 fretted and fretless. These basses are a dream to play and sound great.
    Digs

2. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I was at a NAMM show were mark king was doing his thing, he said that status basses were the best basses :D

3. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    by the way were are these basses available?

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    If I had an extra $3000 just laying around (I wish!), I'd get a Stealth 2 in an instant! For another $3000, I'd get one of the wooden bodied S-2s, also!

5. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    I owned a classic a few years back and wish I had it back.The ultimate finger sound it was so perfect. I play with fingers and pick and at the time I was playing with a pick more and I got rid of it, after that I swore to myself that I would never get rid of another good bass again and I havent. Damn fine basses though.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Used S-2 (wood body, composite neck thru??) at a local store, brass on bridge worn, asking $999

7. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Snag it man, you wont be disappointed. I would love to get another one but I am saving for a Jerzy Drozd Mastery bass after that I will hunt down another status. A grand aint bad for that bass.

8. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    They're great basses, I'll admit. When I began playing, I always lusted after the Status/Washburn bass in the music store. However I find the cut of the forearm chamfer too extreme: it looks like someone lopped of a little too much of the body.

9. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Matter of fact I still have one of those running around here somewhere very good solid bass to pound on and good for the price, you can find them cheap nowdays.

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I'm on summer hiatus:D

11. your kidding, right? Brad, the king of cheap deals, passes over on an offer? I think hell just froze over... :D

12. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    It ain't "that" cheap;)

13. kcm

kcm

Jun 17, 2000
    Woking, Surrey.
  14. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    It aint cheap but for a grand its one of the best playing and sounding basses you can find. If you can find one that sounds and plays like that for under a grand feel very very lucky.

15. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    By "that" cheap I mean cheap enough for me to be compelled to buy it. I have a couple of other basses already.

16. Whoa whoa WHOA!

Those basses are the sh*t!!!!!!! Kickin' Mucho Ass!! So cool so cool baby.

The best thing is they are bringing back the headless graphite bass pioneered by The Great Ned (Steinberger of course!)

Man why can't I win the lottery???

17. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    He he he. I'm on a summer hiatus too, well sort of...:D, but last summer I did get a great deal on a Status-Graphite Stealth 2 six string, a very nice axe, light with a very warm sound.

18. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    cool another person who ownz a status :)

19. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Hello. Trip here. I own a Status S-2 classic headless 4-string. It is amazing! Sounds punchy and clean and it can really grind and rock too. With Status you get more of the "composite punch" the woods only factor into the sound a little bit. I had a Stealth II 5-string fretless and it was TOO punchy for my taste. The S-2 was very ballsy but still had just enough warmth. The electronics are really quiet, even at extreme settings. If you really want one, get one. You won't be disappointed. They are REALLY nice people to deal with too!:)