Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Status S-1 5 String Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Zooberwerx, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This is a 2001 Status 5 string headed bass in near-mint condition. Note: this is an English model not the cheaper Washburn version. I purchased it a year ago and, quite frankly, prefer my headless Stealth 5. The S-1 sports a graphite epoxy bolt-on neck, alder body with Amazaque cap, and single active Hyperactive soapbar pickup with volume and tone controls. The Status 100 circuit board is voiced perfectly; extensive EQ'ing is not necessary. I've added a couple upgrades: the stock Gotoh tuners have been replaced with Ultralite Hipshots and conventional strap pins have been replaced with Dunlop Straplocks. Sorry, no hard case....but it does come with a decent gig bag.

My asking price is $750 plus shipping. Please e-mail me for pix or questions, no PM's. I'm not really interested in any trades, unless you have a headless 5 string! This is really a gorgeous instrument at a great price.

Riis Unterzuber
    riisunterzuber@earthlink.net

2. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Bump-a-rooni!

3. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
  4. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Another self-serving bump. BTW, I'll split shipping costs with the lucky purchaser, provided you don't live in West BFE!

Riis
    riisunterzuber@earthlink.net

5. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Still available. C'mon...there's got to be somebody who'd like a near-mint Status 5 banger! $750 and $20 S/H.

Riis