1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Status S-1 5 String Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Zooberwerx, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This is a 2001 Status 5 string headed bass in near-mint condition. Note: this is an English model not the cheaper Washburn version. I purchased it a year ago and, quite frankly, prefer my headless Stealth 5. The S-1 sports a graphite epoxy bolt-on neck, alder body with Amazaque cap, and single active Hyperactive soapbar pickup with volume and tone controls. The Status 100 circuit board is voiced perfectly; extensive EQ'ing is not necessary. I've added a couple upgrades: the stock Gotoh tuners have been replaced with Ultralite Hipshots and conventional strap pins have been replaced with Dunlop Straplocks. Sorry, no hard case....but it does come with a decent gig bag.

My asking price is $750 plus shipping. Please e-mail me for pix or questions, no PM's. I'm not really interested in any trades, unless you have a headless 5 string! This is really a gorgeous instrument at a great price.

Riis Unterzuber
    riisunterzuber@earthlink.net

2. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Bump-a-rooni!

3. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
  4. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Another self-serving bump. BTW, I'll split shipping costs with the lucky purchaser, provided you don't live in West BFE!

Riis
    riisunterzuber@earthlink.net

5. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Still available. C'mon...there's got to be somebody who'd like a near-mint Status 5 banger! $750 and $20 S/H.

Riis