Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Status S-2 Classic, what does it sound like?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superloc, Feb 4, 2002.

1. superloc

superloc

Feb 3, 2002
    Hi, this is my first post here.
    Any Status S-2 Classic owners/players in here who could post a short .mp3 or .wav of his/her instrument or give me a link to a demo or something. What does this bass sound like?
    Thanks,:)

2. I was just looking at one at G Guitars, quilted maple used for $1600 too much? mint

3. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Considering they retail around 4,000..nah, not a bad deal at all :)

They're great basses, in my opinion. I too have been looking for sound samples, but to no avail..go thru the endorsers page on Status' site and try and get some music from the bands that are featured there..all i can think of.

-Neal

4. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    This is the bass that I still get sick over selling. To me the are some of the most incredible basses made. 1600 bux is a good price and knowing what I know now I would jump on it. For all around basses this is my top bass of all time.

5. superloc

superloc

Feb 3, 2002
    Thanks Dirty,
    I already have a lot of Level 42-Stuff (Mark King)
    but don't think that would be a healthy comparison.
    I've listened to a Zon-Demo (previously posted here). Something like that would give a great idea of it's characteristics.
    Btw, I've seen the german pricelist at the official Status site and converted to USD it's "only" 2500$ for the S-2 Classic 6-String Headless.
    Did I do something wrong?:confused:

6. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    The German price list is way out of date, thats all I could tell you. I've been talking to Rob Green and he sent me a US pricelist (MSRPs and all that) and the price for a S2 thrubody was around ~3800 if i remember correctly. The S2 Bolt-ons, however, are around 2800.

7. superloc

superloc

Feb 3, 2002
    "Whoaaaaaaa!!!!" :eek: