1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Status Series II bass 30th Anniversary Limited Edition #14 of 14

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JohnR, Jul 15, 2018.

1. JohnR

JohnR Supporting Member

Price:
    $5200
    Strings:
    Hello All,

I am putting up for sale my very special Status 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Series-II bass. This is #14 of 14 built and is the last of the original style Series-II basses that Rob Green will be making.

I am the original owner of this bass and have had it since May 2013. I have played it rarely and it is in perfect condition.

Included with this bass is the fitted Status custom retro aluminum flight case with keys, tools for adjusting the bass setup, 4 set screws to use single-ball strings, owner's information package with stickers, and the certificate of authenticity signed by the Status crew of Steve, Gerry, Roger, Dawn and Rob Green himself.

The following is the complete description of this specific bass from the Status website:

Book-matched Indian Rosewood facing
    Green pin-stripe
    American Cherry back wood
    Boxwood / Ebony inlay
    Green wrap-round LEDs
    Red wrap-round LEDs on 12th fret
    Original GMT Pickups, EQ and Hardware

A more detailed description of the Anniversary basses can be seen at the Status website: Status Graphite. The finest hand-made graphite basses and guitars. Made in England. Just click on the Series-II Anniversary tab.

I have this listed For Sale at $5200 US plus shipping. Respectful offers will also be considered.

Due to the cost of overseas courier shipping I am only willing to ship this bass within North America.

PM me if you are interested and please pass this along to anyone you feel may be.

IMG_2137 copy.

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

IMG_2142.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

John

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow! That is one of THE classiest yet most serious looking bass I have ever seen! Looks like a museum show-piece!

cesarbass likes this.
  3. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Yikes! That is just unbelievamazincool!

4. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    Oh man!

5. stubbadubs

stubbadubs Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Beautiful!!!!!

6. greenduke

greenduke

Jan 21, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    She's certainly a purrdity looking one! The workmanship and finish on his basses are phenomenal.
    It's almost like his basses are dipped in liquid glass and allowed to cool.

mb94952 likes this.
  7. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Superb!

8. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Cloverly, MD 20905
    I sure do miss my S2 5 string. I also had the retroglide with bendwell option. Rob makes some badass instruments. This is a great looking instrument. GLWTS.

mb94952 likes this.
  9. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Oh wow. This bass is beautiful and has most features I'd want. I love the wrap around LED's. So cool. I bet she plays as well as she looks. GLWTS friend.

10. Sywannab

Sywannab Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Alameda, CA 94501
    too cool to look at it...

11. rashbeep

rashbeep

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    holy ****

12. JohnR

JohnR Supporting Member

Minor price drop. I might also consider part trade/cash deal for this bass. Also keep in mind that I am willing to consider respectable offers.

Cheers,

John

13. Rev. Cornelius

Rev. Cornelius Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Which pickups are those and how accurate is the intonation?

Thanks

14. JohnR

JohnR Supporting Member

The pickups are original GMT's from the early eighties. GMT is Green Machine Technologies which IS Status. Rob GREEN being the owner and creator of Status.

The intonation is infinitely adjustable and is just as accurate as any other high end bass I have owned.

Cheers,

John

15. RobTiefen

RobTiefen

Jan 16, 2019
    Hamburg
    Hi John,

I‘d like to ask you if you had already sold your awesome status Anniversary bass. I am definitely interested.
    Just give me a short message please..
    (prct@gmx.de)
    Thank you...

16. JohnR

JohnR Supporting Member

Hi All,

I've made a change in my listing in regards to shipping. The big 3 couriers, UPS, DHL and FedEx have boosted their overseas shipping prices from Canada to the point where the fees are the price of a cheap bass. Therefore I am only willing to entertain offers within North America as these rates are at least doable.

Cheers,

John

17. JohnR

JohnR Supporting Member

Hi,

The bass is sold pending payment. Thanks to all that have expressed interest.

Cheers,

John

DougalPye likes this.