Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

status smart bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by curnenzegg, Jun 5, 2005.

1. anyone else know about these? seems like a good idea to me, you get to customise your own bass through menus over the internet. you can choose the type of wood, number of strings, pickups etc and they all come with a graphite neck.
    im thinking about getting one with an alder body, mm style pickup and passive electronics (play through a pre-amp) what do u all think?

2. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Is there a website?

3. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Status basses are great, and Rob is excellent to deal with.

4. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Amen. Rob and I were in touch every step of the way with my KingBass. They make amazing instruments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. genderblind

genderblind

Oct 21, 2004
    Montreal
    I have an Electro 3, and it is the best bass I have played.
    Do it!!!

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Whoa.

I've admired Status for years, but this is the first time I've seen this! I'll have to wait until the exchange rate improves - the headless Ash fiver I'd want lists at almost $2200.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    That is very, very sweet! I am jealous!!

8. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Rob Green is the man. Answered all my questions promptly and was a pleasure to deal with. My Status stealth is the best bass I have ever played period.
    [​IMG]

9. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Thank you! It's all relative though - I love your Stealth. :D

[​IMG]

10. Ooh Ooh let me play please ................ my Stealth !!

Attached Files:

11. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I've been having some fun with that SmartBass thing, and the kind I'd want is around $1400.

12. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Recently I've developed some SERIOUS GAS for a headless Stealth 4-string..... yum......

13. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Status basses are superb, and I agree with the comments about dealing with Rob Green. My S2 Classic replaced a Status bass I had to part with for financial reasons some 16 years ago, and I don't intend selling this one. It's pretty much like the one in this pic, except mine is a neck through model.

The two Jazz basses I have with Status graphite necks are also good examples of how excellent Rob's products are.

Attached Files:

14. BassJaro

BassJaro

Jul 30, 2003
    +1.

My SmartBass rocks! It's amazing in just about every aspect. Definitely the best bass I've ever laid my hands on. You can check out some pics here (sorry for the bad quality - webcam, you know :) )

15. bassjaro that bass is hectic!!! thats a goog thing by the way. :) Hows it sound? Is it as punchy as im hoping it is?