1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Status Stealth-2 5-string headless--LAST 2 DAYS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Schizoid75, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Price:
    $1500.00
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my Status Stealth 2 5-string headless bass. It was built in 2006, serial # 02063185. It has a number of custom options. It has a single pickup in roughly the MusicMan position. I have the original Status Hyperactive pickup (which I will send with the bass), but it has since been changed to a Lace Alumitone Bass Bar. It’s a completely passive bass with master volume and tone. The input jack has been moved to the side of the bass. It features 16.5mm string spacing, a green tint to the finish, and both side and front LED’s. Finally, the neck has a satin finish as opposed to high gloss.

This was main my main bass for roughly six years and it has a lot of wear and tear. I've tried to capture all the issues with photos. The black plating on the brass hardware is coming off, both on the tuners/bridge and the headpiece. There are three cracks on the bass and I believe they are finish cracks (cosmetic only) and not structural. One starts on the upper bass side of the pickup, another on the upper treble side, and the third is all around the neck heel on the rear of the bass. All of them occurred around 2008 while the bass was being transported in an old gig bag. I’ve done a few hundred shows since then and have had no issues with the bass.

The bass comes in its original hard shell case in very good condition. I paid roughly $3,500 for the bass direct from Status. I haven’t seen any Status basses for sale in this condition on TB, so I’m not sure where to price it. But I’m asking $1,700 shipped in the continental US.
    UPDATED 05/08/2015: PRICE DROP TO $1,600.
    UPDATED 05/16/2015: PRICE DROP TO $1,500.

For those wondering, I’m selling the bass because it’s silly for me to keep it. It’s been sitting in my basement for the last few years as I play my new Status Streamline 5 almost exclusively. I’d rather pay off some bills and allow someone else to experience this awesome bass. I’ll always have pictures and memories!

FULL ALBUM HERE: Status Stealth-2
    IMG_1012.

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking!

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    kulit17 likes this.
  2. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Duuuuuuuuuude... that thing is SICK!
    Must.... resist....

This is the knockout for me right here:

Screen Shot 2015-04-26 at 10.34.12 PM.

GLWTS, awesome bass.

kulit17 likes this.
  3. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Someone asked me via PM if I had asked Status about the cracks. I hadn't, but it seemed like a good idea, so I did. Here's their response based on the same pictures in the photo album in my original post. (SPOILER ALERT: Just cosmetic as suspected.)

Attached Files:

4. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I just added a photo to the linked photo album that shows the Status warranty card. It confirms all the options were done by Status at the factory, not by me.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  5. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Hi, everyone. Made the last price drop today. I believe I have a buyer already at $1,400. So if you want it, act now. I'll probably leave it here at $1500 for a week and then sell it for $1400 to the previously mentioned buyer.

6. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Last two days before offering this to someone who's already offered $1400. I'll be contacting that buyer sometime on Friday.

7. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Funds sent.

8. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    SOLD!!!