Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Staying in Montreal

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ben Rose, May 4, 2005.

1. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    Hello Quebecois!

I'm going to the Montreal jazz fest in July, and I'm going to be staying somewhere downtown. I won't be renting a car and figure I'll be out after the metro closes on at least a few week nights.

I'm probably either going to stay on Sherbrooke or Rene Levesque, relatively close to Peel. Is one location easier than the other to get to the jazz fest at the Complex Des Jardins? Are there any streets/areas I should avoid walking late at night? Is there a better place/area to stay? (Can't afford the Hyatt unfortunately, and I did Vieux Port last time.

Any links or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I remember the Chateau Versailles, at Rues Sherbrooke and St-Mathieu, to be very nice yet reasonably priced. That was some years ago, though.

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    there is many hotels in that area. You will have the choice.
    One good thing about montreal is it's pretty safe anywhere, anytime. So don't worry about that.
    Sherbrook or René-Lévesque you will be about 5 minuntes walking from the jazz fest. So they are both fine. If you came in that period of time (jazz fest) be sure to have a reservation for the hotel room!

for the restaurant look here:
    http://www.canoe.qc.ca/artdevivrerestos/index.html

It's in french but you should be able to get around anyway.

4. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    Thanks, Bob and Yvon. Chateau Versailles is one of the places we're looking at. We got kind of burned last year on a small hotel in Old Port, but Chateau Versailles looks much nicer.

I'll probably make my reservations today. I can't wait to see Dave Holland.