Staying up for 48 hours

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Murder_Worship, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Summer vacation is almost over and I need to do sumthing before it's over. So far ive been up for 32 hours. I spent my whole night watching movies. I'm definitely tired, but i think im going to make it for sure. I havnt really been tempted to sleep. If i make it to 48 and feel i can go some more. I think i will. I'm starting to feel cool too. so thats cool a ahahha

2. All I can say is enjoy it while it lasts, kid.

:atoz:

3. Almost over? Don't you not go back until after Labour Day?

4. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    I should do this.

5. well, 2 more weeks. so i guess it's still kinda long. but i gawta make every last bit of it awesome
    ahah

and

DOOOO IIT

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I've done that before, but there were illicit substances involved. Not my thing any more.

7. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Yeah, but if you stay up long enough it's like you took the illicit substances -- only you didn't.

8. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    It's good to have goals.

9. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Everyone keeps saying "Summer is almost over" "I can't believe I go back to work soon" etc. etc.

There's 3 weeks left!! What is wrong with everyone?

As for the 48 hour thing, good luck, but it's not the greatest for your health I wouldn't think!

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I wasn't around for the NTB threads, but this thread feels like it has the potential hilarity. In fact, most threads that start with a dumb idea do.

11. quite a few years ago i stayed up for some where around 3 days straight. i dont have exact times but it was 3 days give or take a few hours.

12. Stigs

Stigs

Sep 29, 2007
    Richmond, Virginia
    You're one of the lucky folk, class starts in two days for me. :crying:

13. I had a pretty serious bout of insomnia a few years back. Went from a Thursday til Tuesday without sleep, was seeing things by the end of it. Good times . . .

(balls to that, sleep is too enjoyable)

14. haha, im still awake guyz.

aand, im going out soon with some friends. so im bound to be up till theres at;least 12 more hours till im at 48.

feeling good/eating a roast beef sandwich

15. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Just 48 hours?

pffft.

The youth of today just don't aspire to the levels of greatness we once had. :D

16. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I once worked for 60 hours straight. Pretty tough, physical work too.

Definitely a weird feeling doing a week and a half worth of work, and when you finish, it's only Wednesday night.

Too bad I was a salary employee :meh:

17. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I did 36hrs once... then I went to work for my graveyard shift at the grocery store I worked at. Fell asleep in the can. Slept for 1/2 hour on the crapper. The guys were worried something happened to me as I "disappeared" and wasn't responding to the intercom. One of the janitors banged on the door to the bathroom (it was one of those one room / toilet jobbies). When the janitor banged on the door I woke up with my pants around my ankles. I could not stand up as my legs had atrophied from sitting in the same position for too long. I could not get up as my legs felt like rubber and wouldnt support me.

The guys had a great laugh at that one for years to come.

18. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I stayed up drinking all night many times, then crashed at 11 or midnight the following night.
    Back in my late 20's I worked for 40 hours straight then went to a huge corporate party with 10 open bars. 5 hours of steady drinking later, I was feeling pretty light-headed. Went home with my then-girlfriend and did what you do in those situations. I was up for at least 48 hours, slept for 2 hours and was then awakened by my boss calling wondering why I wasn't at work. Showered, took the subway into work and spent 10 hours there. Then I went out drinking again.
    Now, when I'm up all night, it's strictly for work or because one of the kids is sick.

19. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Ah, the youth...

20. still up. just got home from a fair. It was a time,there was one time when i thought i was going to pass out, but, then i started going on some rides and it woke me right up. I lost 4 bucks in change on the zipper tho :atoz:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021