1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steady Hum/Buzz

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by hesham8, Sep 27, 2008.

1. hesham8

hesham8

Mar 21, 2008
    Hi, I'm recording using SoundForge, the Tascam US 144 Audio Box, and the mixer is a DFX Mackie 12. The drums are recorded via microphone, as with voice. The hum is always there, no matter how I change the setup.

Anyway, if anyone could tell me whether this is a tech issue or something I could iron out in SoundForge, it would be much appreciated.

2. Guest043

Guest043 Guest

Apr 8, 2008
    ive been recording the last two weeks and we used two differnt mackie mixers that provided a constant VERY audible hum/buzz. switched to a 4 channel behringer and ended up using that..

im not 100% that it was the mackies, but its out main suspect..do those mixers have a rap for doing this?

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    No.

But ground loop problems do.