Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steal? or Rotten Deal...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    too bad it's not a Jaco like fretless...ha. The johnson viola bass got a decent review in BassPlayer, so I'm sure this can't be that bad.

Greg

2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Not to bad of a price. Pretty fair shipping. Not a knock out deal, but not a rip off. I think the head stock is ugly. I know that usually off the rack basses for lefty's are not the largest selection also. What do you think about the price? I think that is the main consideration. :meh:

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Doesn't look like too bad of a price particularly considering there are relatively few left handed basses to be found.

That said, I took a whole bunch of pictures of left handed Jazz and Precision Basses the other day.

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I suppose that since I am not left handed, I probably do not notice Lefty basses all that much.

5. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I've always kind of noticed lefty instruments because of the lack of them and also I guess I have a little bit of a feeling of sypmathy for their plight in being able to readily find a decent selection to choose from.

Plus there was a thread just a little while back on the dearth of decent lefty basses, so I've been taking lots of pics of them lately!