1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stealth Mod for Geddy Lee Signature

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheXym, Mar 17, 2010.

1. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    I found the proper pickguard and control plate cover at basspartsresource.com after a search. I'm looking for recommendations for the tuners and bridge in black (basspartsresource is out of stock on the badass II bridge) and I'm not sure which tuners would be proper for the Geddy Lee since a couple of different ones are listed (I'm looking hipshot D extender as well).

If anyone can help me out with finding the other items, it'd be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. The Hipshot American Classics tuners in black worked well on mine. Allparts.com had the black Badass II bridge in stock the last time I looked.

If you're going to the trouble of extensive GL Jazz customization, you might want to try this relatively inexpensive mod also...Saves a bolt turn now and again.

3. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    Thanks for the leads, I'll definitely check them out. Interesting mod on the truss rod. I don't think I'll do that right away since I don't necessarily mind breaking the allen wrench out of my case on occasion if needed, but maybe down the road I'd consider it.

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Wouldn't the whole Maple neck get in the way of a stealth Geddy?

Or are you just talking about blacking out all the hardware?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020