1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steamy Windows Bass Sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chienmort, Nov 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. chienmort

chienmort

Aug 15, 2012
    My band has decided to do the Tony Joe White version of Steamy windows. Can anyone tell me what effects get that sound?

2. I had a listen to this version:

Sounds like keyboard to me... though you could get that sound with a 5-string and envelope filter or Auto-Wah with a tad dirt.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the link! And I agree: almost certainly keyboard.

To the OP: as noted, you can try to replicate that tone with envelope filter (auto wah), perhaps something like the Bassballs which also adds dirt. Adding an octaver can increase phatness. Also, you could look into pedals that give the synth bass sound: these typically have octaver, dirt, and envelope filter built-in. I don't have a recommendation but you could try searching for synth bass pedal threads here in the FX forum.

4. chienmort

chienmort

Aug 15, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021