steelsound better or still crap

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philwill1, Jun 20, 2004.

1. philwill1

May 11, 2002
    Clinton, KY
    Now that steelsound is loading their cabs with eminence speakers has anybody tried these new ones. If so are they any better than the old ones with madison speakers or are they still junk.
  2. ThatOneGuy

Jan 2, 2004
    *Bump* cuz I'd also like to know.
  3. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Not bad, but you still get what you pay for.
  4. undertheashes

Jun 8, 2006
    screw that. I love steelsound cabinets. I have a 4x10 and a 1x15 with eminence speakers and they eat ampeg cabs for dinner.
  5. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    That's cause Ampeg tastes damn good.
  6. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I had a mab 210 and it was the MOST power handling brute I have EVER encountered! GO for IT MANO!!!!
    the 410 WILL blow you away!!!
  7. are NOT junk. Please see the steelsound 2x12 thread in this forum. They are a great value for the money, and sound great. They are not made to compete with EA/Epifani/Bergantino/etc. - however, for a cab that costs less than 200 shipped, what do you want?

Madison Knights and Executioners are quality drivers - not junk.

8. How many have you tried personally?

Pretty trite statement made without any background analysis to back it up along with it.
  9. Now here's someone who's actually tried Madison's products.

I can't stand it when people make blanket statements put down products they haven't tried.

Thanks, triclops
  10. Is what's crap...not steelsound cabs. If you have experience with them - list it, and your impressions, in an educated, mature manner.
  11. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    ^^Thats a lot of posts by the same person :p
  12. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
  13. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
  14. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    that's a
  15. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City

lot of posts
  16. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    by one person.

17. joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    They are now, Music Supply Center. I, personally, have had pretty good luck, with all of their cabs , and speakers. I have yet to blow any of their drivers. But, I watch out not to clip any too. I use several of the Legion Sound power amps, and have had good luck with them too. If used with common sense they will last well. I think that a Behringer 450 watt head, with a Legion Sound 8-10 bottom, is the best bang for the buck out there, for any young player wanting big sound, with a small wallet. The new birch cabs , which I don't own any yet, I'm sure are really good, with the Madison drivers, and probably a little better with the Eminence drivers in them. I'd really like to get the 4-10 cab empty, and load in 4 deltalite2510s in it. Would be a really nice, light, powerfull cab. Have to sell some gear first to get cash up for that one though. Good Luck!!
  18. Just got on a "stream of consciousness" roll by trying to reply to and/or quote from too many other posts.

Hey, it added to my post what was that insignificant number again? :cool:
  19. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    In my expierience...great products for the money!
    see my reviews on harmony central. I'd go for the madison cabs.