Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jul 27, 2004.

1. hello everyone, thanks to Ole Jason for the link, i was looknig around and they have some brand names i've never heard of.
    first of all, they have an X-Audio 210 for $99. has anyone used X-Audio...or even heard of them?
    other brands i want to know about...Legionsound and Steelsound.

2. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I bought X-Audio 4x10 and a 1x15 from before they went under. Not bad, but not great. However, for the price, they are like a Brice bass - more than good value.

Just don't play through a Bergantino or EBS setup and then expect the X Audio to compare. ;)
  3. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Lifes a series of lessons learned. One of the most important is that sales is all about the hook. In this case the hook is the low price. But, remember, "you get what you pay for." If your willing to settle for low quality decent sounds for a bedroom practice set up these would fly. But you don't want to get in front of an audience and expect to be taken anywhere close to seriously. Be patient if possible and save some hard earned $ and buy the original, Ampeg! You will be glad you did. If you don't have the $ for Ampeg, it's worth the wait. I should know, I'm married with kids and it took me 1.5 years to save enough, but I will never regret it!
  4. the reason i am asking about x-audio is because i am going off to college soon, and i don't want a big peavey 1810 sitting in my dorm, especially if i have a roommate!
    to anyone who has tried x-audio, is it worth getting over a behringer BX1200? thats what i have now, and i don't like the sound anymore. i have a head, and the X-audio 210 would fit it perfectly, if it is good enough. so would you recommend getting it over the bx1200, or isn't the cab much better than what behringer could do?
  5. A bassist friend of mine had (Well, still has, its just sitting around), audio-x, 4 x 10. It didn't sound bad, but I think my hartke 4 x 10 VX beat it in variety and tone. For the price, behringer and audio-x are about the same actually.
  6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    They sell items on ebay. You could look at their feedback. Personally, their item descriptions sound like a lot of "hype."