Steelsound Delta15LF cab review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrashStitches, Oct 22, 2004.

The specs are on the page above. If you ignore the cheesy Madison/Eminence comparo, then it starts to look attractive. 100db, 3/4" 7-ply maple, Eminence Delta15LF, and inexpensive as hell. I just recieved this cab and the Madison-loaded 2x10 today, and I plan on testing them tomorrow at practice, using my Fender Precision and Behringer BX3000T. I play hard, so they'll be put through the paces.

Initial thoughts? Definitely an attractive feature set for the price. More to follow...
  2. My friend had the Audio-X 4x10 from steelsound and that thing sounds like a trashcan. It weights a ton (About 125 for a 4x10!) and really doesen't sound all that good. He replaced it with a 70's SVT 8x10.
  3. Ok, not to be a douche, but the features are completely different. Everyone assocates Steelsound with X-Audio. Kindly read the post before assuming. These cabs are solid plywood with name-brand speakers, not particle-board with Walmart woofers. Seems like it would compare favorably with a brand like Avatar that everyone's always talking about...
  4. The results:

I don't have time to do an in-depth review right now, but I will say that these 2 cabs are the best $300 (inc. shipping) I've ever spent. Don't write Steelsound off because of the baloney X-Audio crap. This is good stuff.
  5. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Hey, leave my X-audios alone.... we're quite happy.:p:D
  6. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I hear ya bro. I used the X-Audio for everything from practice to shows until 3 weeks ago when I got my Ampeg. I thought it sounded pretty darn good considering I got mine on sale for $55.
  7. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Excellent! I'm about to get a Steelsound 1 x 15 cabinet to go with my Crate 4 x 10 and Behringer BX3000T. Then I'll be able to get the full power out of my amp which I love. :bassist: I play an SX J Bass and a Fernandes J Bass.
  8. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    I'm using a Madison Loaded 2x10 from steel sound, other than the fact that I had to mount/wire the speakers and tune the port myself it is a great cab. It sits on top of a Madison MAS18D and sounds pretty good considering both cabs cost my less than $500 CAD...

The 2x10 will prolly be replaced with a LDS 4x10 soon...