Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steelsound Delta15LF cab review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrashStitches, Oct 22, 2004.

1. http://store.steelsound.com/Detail.bok?no=619

The specs are on the page above. If you ignore the cheesy Madison/Eminence comparo, then it starts to look attractive. 100db, 3/4" 7-ply maple, Eminence Delta15LF, and inexpensive as hell. I just recieved this cab and the Madison-loaded 2x10 today, and I plan on testing them tomorrow at practice, using my Fender Precision and Behringer BX3000T. I play hard, so they'll be put through the paces.

Initial thoughts? Definitely an attractive feature set for the price. More to follow...

2. My friend had the Audio-X 4x10 from steelsound and that thing sounds like a trashcan. It weights a ton (About 125 for a 4x10!) and really doesen't sound all that good. He replaced it with a 70's SVT 8x10.

3. Ok, not to be a douche, but the features are completely different. Everyone assocates Steelsound with X-Audio. Kindly read the post before assuming. These cabs are solid plywood with name-brand speakers, not particle-board with Walmart woofers. Seems like it would compare favorably with a brand like Avatar that everyone's always talking about...

4. The results:

I don't have time to do an in-depth review right now, but I will say that these 2 cabs are the best $300 (inc. shipping) I've ever spent. Don't write Steelsound off because of the baloney X-Audio crap. This is good stuff.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Hey, leave my X-audios alone.... we're quite happy.:p:D

6. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I hear ya bro. I used the X-Audio for everything from practice to shows until 3 weeks ago when I got my Ampeg. I thought it sounded pretty darn good considering I got mine on sale for $55.

7. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Excellent! I'm about to get a Steelsound 1 x 15 cabinet to go with my Crate 4 x 10 and Behringer BX3000T. Then I'll be able to get the full power out of my amp which I love. :bassist: I play an SX J Bass and a Fernandes J Bass.

8. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    I'm using a Madison Loaded 2x10 from steel sound, other than the fact that I had to mount/wire the speakers and tune the port myself it is a great cab. It sits on top of a Madison MAS18D and sounds pretty good considering both cabs cost my less than $500 CAD...

The 2x10 will prolly be replaced with a LDS 4x10 soon...