Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

steelsound with eminence

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sbskates, Dec 28, 2004.

1. sbskates

sbskates

Jun 13, 2004
    anyone bought these cabs before?
    instead of an ampeg or other big brand of same configuration and how do they match up in sound comparison?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    WHICH eminence? Delta, Kappa, Beta????

And which configuration/speaker size???

3. sbskates

sbskates

Jun 13, 2004
    delta 10's 4x10 configuration or

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I know a guy who bought the 4x10 and 1x15 and used them as his main rig with a GK700RB for quite awhile. He really liked them, but I think he got kind of tired of carrying that gear with him everywhere so he got a small combo.

5. sbskates

sbskates

Jun 13, 2004
    cool thanks!

6. these?

[​IMG]

about the ugliest cabs i've ever seen.

7. My friend had one of those. They don't sound too good and they're the heaviest 4x10 I've ever seen (His was 120lbs!).

8. sbskates

sbskates

Jun 13, 2004
    that sounds bad,, i understand waht goe sin to a good cab sound dampening insulation etc taht makes them better tahn others didi steel sound have that? i know th grills ugly that would go fast was anything else ulgy? and how didi ot sound bad? no depth no definition.

9. StartingLineBass

StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    I have that exact cab. It's not terrible. Very heavy, although it is possible to carry it by yourself, but it is made pretty solidly, except for the jack plate, I cracked it by pulling the speaker cable up, but it cost a dollar to get a new one, so it was an easy fix. If its your first cab, or your short on cash, get it, its pretty reliable, but its no ampeg. And the people at steelsound are pretty nice.

10. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Shop Dr. Bass or Avatar and you can get a Pro cab for half the Pro price. They are both very light weight in comparison to Steel Sound.