Stefano Scodanibbio

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Marc Decho, Sep 13, 2005.

1. any of you cats heard of this guy before ? he's got some real far out and beautiful pieces, experiments with varied extended techniques ....highly highly recommended

the usual guys like Amazon will give you audio excerpts, gives you a radio broadcast of all his available tunes, i'd pick that over Amazon's 30 sec. clips
  2. I just went on Amazon for clips, no go "Voyage Never Ends" is the one solo piece you folks have to hear, go to and you can hear a good 7 mins. of it, truly astounding
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Hey, isn't that dude on here? Nice guy, from what I've seen. Great player, too.

4. nay.....he's Stefano Sciascia...... there's quite a few Stefano S's out there in Italy who are all phenomenal players
  5. Brent Nussey

Brent Nussey

Jun 27, 2001
    Tokyo, Japan
    I met Stefano when he came to Tokyo a few years ago. He was only here for 2 performances with a large group of Italian performance artists. A big multimedia event, pictures, music, dance, the works. Anyway, because of the circumstances, he needed to get a bass here, so I helped him find one to borrow.

I went to see one of the performances, and he was fantastic. A great player, and a true gentleman. He said he wished I could see him do something more focused on music, rather than all the other stuff, but it was fun, if a little abstract. Anyway, as a little thank you for my help he gave me a copy of The Voyage That Never Ends. It was very different from the stuff I usually get into, but it was great, since it kind of helped me to get an appreciation of that European artistic mind/feeling. I hadn't really ever been able to dig it before. Anyway, worth checking out, for sure. The guy is a fountain of ideas.

6. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    +1. I'm not interested in rumors, speculation and hearsay.
  7. Justin K-ski

Justin K-ski

May 13, 2005
    Heh, point taken guys. I guess hindsight is 20/20.
  8. Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    Have you heard Maurizio Rolli too?
    Maurizio Rolli
    He is a big fan of Jaco ....
    I higly recomend his tribute album ...
  9. teleharmonium

Dec 2, 2003
    Stefano is pretty great. There are several recordings of his I need to pick up.
  10. Ben Joella

Ben Joella

May 31, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    I saw him solo in L.A. a couple of years back. It was freakishly cool. He has such wonderful skill and dynamic contrast.

I read on his site that he is touring the U.S. in October of this for details. :hyper: