Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steffan Lessard's Fleas

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by James reeve5, Aug 1, 2003.

1. After attending my share of summer concerts thus far, I must say that Steffan Lessard should have his own signature bass. The fleas are alright, but I think that Modulus should hook him up with one. He does such justice to the Lakland style flea.

2. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Is he playing a lakland style flea now or is he still with the standard MM style flea? Thanks, Marc

3. He uses a MM style 4 string and a lakland style 5 string.

4. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Did he use the lakland style five in the show you saw? All of the current pics on the website point towards the satndard MM style Flea 5. I know he has a lakland style five; he used it on Grey Street on BS. Just wondering if he used it on tour this year. I'm not going till september. Thanks, Marc

5. Why would Modulus give him a signature bass based on another player's signature bass? Isn't that kind of, ummmm....stupid?

6. Well he also uses a Quantum 5... I am thinking maybe a Quantum 5 with a lakland style pup configuration? I dunno...or maybe zon or Lakland could design one for him.

7. or better yet.... warwick could re-issue the dolphin pro (4 and 5 string models), tweak it accordingly, and let that be his signature bass!

8. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    Stefan uses MM style 4-string and 5-string Fleas. The 4 has a 2-band EQ and the 5 has a 3-band, but from what I can tell both basses use the MM-style Lane Poor.

He also uses a fretless Q5 (the wood finish bass).

I could see a Stefan signature Dolphin, because from what I understand his was modified pretty heavily. But since he no longer uses it, this seems unlikely.

Yamarc, how do you know what Stefan used on the album? I'd be interested in knowing his rig and basses used on the album, because it sounds different than his live tone and his tone on other albums.