Steffan ripped it up on Last Call

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Jul 13, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    As tired as I was, I stayed up to catch the hour episode of Last Call because Carson had DMB. I really enjoyed the performances. Of course, Steffan was the man as always. I really dug his growly tone, though he got buried in parts of the song, but I guess that's typical of Steffan.

Anyone else catch it?
  2. dmbbassdude

Apr 25, 2001
    I watched it, and I agree completely. I think Stefan has improved more so through the years than any of the other members of DMB. I love him on Grey Street, and although some of the other songs they played did not feature his best bass work, he still tore it up. I wish they would have played The Stone or Rapunzel, great bass work there.
  3. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yeah, Rapunzel has some great bass work in it. I love the little fills he throws in that song. I think Before These Crowded Streets in when he really started to come into his own. (also partly because that's when they started mixing his parts so you could hear them)

One of the things I admire about Fonzy is that he plays finger style in DMB. If most bassist where in DMB, they (including myself) would just slap the hell out of every song.
  4. I saw the show, very nice, but not as nice as last night. Last night I saw the guys in concert amazing stuff. A jammed out Ants marching to end the show and then the encore. Oh the encore. Watchtower. Steffan's intro was amazing along with the rest of the song. Great times.
  5. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    When was this show? I looked for it but didn't dee it, won't E play it again or something like that? Thanks, Marc