1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Steinberger 1980's XP-2 Graphite neck bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lowbass68, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    This is an 1980s model XP-2 with a low serial number in the low 400's. The neck is the original blend carbon-graphite without a truss rod. Body is hard rock maple

Neck has perfect relief. Frets have some fretwear but are still in very playable condition. Could use a redressing to achieve best action IMO.

The original bridge jaws were replaced 2 years ago with NOS jaws from Steinberger that I bought several years back. Will include a spare set of jaws that will probably never be needed. Also the original leg rest was replaced too and the strap buttons are Schaller.

The pickups are passive EMG's. Controls are V-V-T. one pot was replaced years back, can't remember which and don't feel like pulling the pickgaurd off to see.

The bottom corners have the typical bumps that most Steiny's have, but overall not bad as shown in the pics. The finish really held up well, see pics.

I am including an original string clamp along with an aftermarket spare. The string clamp allows regular strings to be used.

I have played the hell out of this bass but always treated it with care. It has gigged and is a player. If you want a mint condition collector bass that sat in the closet, go elsewwhere. If you want a nice playing headless, you will be happy with this bass.

It comes with a Ritter Gigbag that is basically new. The Ritter bag is awsome with lots of pockets.

Looking to sell for $650 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48. If your in the Cleveland Oh area, let me know and we can avoid shipping and save a few bucks for you if we can arrange for you to pick up the bass.

Attached Files:

• s1.JPG
      s1.JPG
      File size:
      25.3 KB
      Views:
    • s2.JPG
      s2.JPG
      File size:
      54.8 KB
      Views:
  2. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    more pics

Attached Files:

• s3.JPG
      s3.JPG
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
    • s4.JPG
      s4.JPG
      File size:
      16.9 KB
      Views:
  3. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Lower corner pics

Attached Files:

• s5.JPG
      s5.JPG
      File size:
      44.6 KB
      Views:
  4. williewilkens

williewilkens

Apr 10, 2010
    DFW
    PM sent

5. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    PM replied

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Great bass! I had one back in the 1980s!:)

7. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Monday bump

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    How easy is it to still get double ball end strings? This is tempting. If nothing else, these basses are so easy for travel!:D

9. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Dr. Cheese,
    The last time used double-ball end strings was probably 1986 or so. I use regular strings with the string clamp. The clamp is easy to use and allows you to use any strings with it. You can even string it up with piccolo strings easily.

10. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
  11. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
  12. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Sold