Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steinberger Hohner Jack bass neck through

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pgurns, Feb 19, 2006.

1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    SOLD

I have a "Jack" bass laying around. It has EMG active pups and the Steinberger bridge/headless neck thing. It is a neck through bass I believe from the 80's but not sure. It is in fair shape but only cosmetic things. I can't get used to a headless bass no matter how hard try. It is missing the battery cover on the back but other than that it is tact. Not sure what it's worth but I'd rather see it in the hands of someone who will play it.

BTW the action is ridicoulesly (Sp) low. Probably the lowest I have ever had without string buzz. I actually had to raise it a bit because it was so low it felt odd.

I'm thinking 150 bucks should be fair. Again if you can use it lemme know. If there is any interest I'll get some pics up or just PM me. my wife is using the computer with th USB card reader on it at the moment.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Ding! Check your inbox. I call dibbs! :smug: :D

3. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Thanks to the many many PM's
    And thanks to Quadzilla, it is now sold. Judging by the tons of PM's it went at a good price too. I at least got what I paid for it and was able to make another TB'er happy...what a deal :) :)

4. Quadzilla

I think it's a good price anyway! :) Many thanks Paul!!!

5. On behalf of all of us who PMed too late & missed a cool bass(& sweet deal), Quadzilla, you must now post pics.:D

6. Quadzilla

Will do. I'll post pics for all of you who PMed and tried to undermind me (j/king of course, I'm sure that most of you were just hoping I would bail on the deal):smug: :p . Seriously, I'll get some pics up. Can't wait for it to get here. Always wanted a headless...