1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

steinberger stand

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SnoMan, Sep 6, 2005.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Ok, after watching a female band called MT-TV who had an awesome bassist, I'm really gassing for a fretless steinberger...but I ran into a problem. I haven't had any luck in finding a stand for one. I've searched google, yahoo, here and ebay....I just can't see myself buying a $1000 instrument just to sit it on the floor.

I know there are stands available somewhere....could somebody show me a link by chance?

2. Do you mean the Headless/bodyless/fretless one? I once walked through Boston Airport with a Honer copy in the standard gunbag. 2 years before 9/11. No-one batted :crying:

Seriously, I used to have a neck stand that plugged into my spare amp socket. It worked fine ...... if your socket is 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 feet off the deck.

3. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Yeah, the headless, bodiless, fretless one....

By god all I need is a neck and strings! :D

but anyways.....I was hoping they made a special type for the steins. I've used the ones with the folding bottems, but I never bothered with seeing how far they can fold in...kinda worried that it wouldn't hold it well.

and what are the odds that anyone in WV owns a stein so that I can find out....blast!

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think a Steiny has two small rubber feet on the 'bottom' so you can have it stand upright leaning against something.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I have a Steinberger stand for my XL-2. It's great. Just like a regular bass stand, except the bottom swivel part is really narrow, and fits perfectly between the tuning knobs and the body.

Got it off the 'bay. I love it. Looked for one for a while, though.

I just looked there, and while I've seen the guy I bought it from selling them doesn't have any of them on right now.

Here's the link, though, for the one I bought. Maybe you could e-mail him to see if he'll have more up for sale soon:
    Stand bought off the 'bay

The pictures show it holding g*itars, but my bass fits perfectly. If you want, I could snap a quick photo of my XL-2 on the stand and post it for you.

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

By the way, Musicyo.com used to have hard cases for Steinbergers on their site -- about $80 IIRC.

I thought about buying one, but decided otherwise. Since my XL-2 is solid graphite and tougher than any HSC, I just use the gig bag to protect the finish. :D

I took it through security and onto the plane on my cross-country flight this summer. No problems, and it fit into the overhead bin.

What a great travel bass. The Tascam bass trainer came in handy, as well.

7. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    A standard stand works fine, rest the centre of the bottome of the bass on one of the "feet" of the stand, the surgical tubing stuff will grab-on and hold your Stein. Seen it done a kazillionbajillion times, but you could always keep yours eyes open for a smart looking umbrella stand ;)

8. steer

steer

Feb 20, 2009
    Rule #7 Violation: Please do not post SPAM

You must be a supporting member to sell in the classifieds.