Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

steinberger stand

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SnoMan, Sep 6, 2005.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Ok, after watching a female band called MT-TV who had an awesome bassist, I'm really gassing for a fretless steinberger...but I ran into a problem. I haven't had any luck in finding a stand for one. I've searched google, yahoo, here and ebay....I just can't see myself buying a $1000 instrument just to sit it on the floor.

I know there are stands available somewhere....could somebody show me a link by chance?

2. Do you mean the Headless/bodyless/fretless one? I once walked through Boston Airport with a Honer copy in the standard gunbag. 2 years before 9/11. No-one batted :crying:

Seriously, I used to have a neck stand that plugged into my spare amp socket. It worked fine ...... if your socket is 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 feet off the deck.

3. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Yeah, the headless, bodiless, fretless one....

By god all I need is a neck and strings! :D

but anyways.....I was hoping they made a special type for the steins. I've used the ones with the folding bottems, but I never bothered with seeing how far they can fold in...kinda worried that it wouldn't hold it well.

and what are the odds that anyone in WV owns a stein so that I can find out....blast!

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think a Steiny has two small rubber feet on the 'bottom' so you can have it stand upright leaning against something.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I have a Steinberger stand for my XL-2. It's great. Just like a regular bass stand, except the bottom swivel part is really narrow, and fits perfectly between the tuning knobs and the body.

Got it off the 'bay. I love it. Looked for one for a while, though.

I just looked there, and while I've seen the guy I bought it from selling them doesn't have any of them on right now.

Here's the link, though, for the one I bought. Maybe you could e-mail him to see if he'll have more up for sale soon:
    Stand bought off the 'bay

The pictures show it holding g*itars, but my bass fits perfectly. If you want, I could snap a quick photo of my XL-2 on the stand and post it for you.

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

By the way, Musicyo.com used to have hard cases for Steinbergers on their site -- about $80 IIRC.

I thought about buying one, but decided otherwise. Since my XL-2 is solid graphite and tougher than any HSC, I just use the gig bag to protect the finish. :D

I took it through security and onto the plane on my cross-country flight this summer. No problems, and it fit into the overhead bin.

What a great travel bass. The Tascam bass trainer came in handy, as well.

7. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    A standard stand works fine, rest the centre of the bottome of the bass on one of the "feet" of the stand, the surgical tubing stuff will grab-on and hold your Stein. Seen it done a kazillionbajillion times, but you could always keep yours eyes open for a smart looking umbrella stand ;)

8. steer

steer

Feb 20, 2009
    Rule #7 Violation: Please do not post SPAM

You must be a supporting member to sell in the classifieds.