1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steinberger strap hook

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by diegom, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Are those still available from ANYWHERE??!!
    I finally decided to dust off my old stein-like bass (no name, no brand, all wood, set neck, kick-ass pickups), and I remembered why I had put it away: It has the annoying tendency to 'flip' on me, rotating until the pickups are facing down. I tried to attach the strap to the many other locations, but I came to the realization that I need the strap attachment 'outside' the body, like in the new Synapse bases.

I contacted several outlets that sell the Synapse, but they do not sell the hook separately...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Diego

2. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    diegom likes this.
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Music Zoo is very reputable - and that's a great price. When I found mine for the Spirit I just sold it was more like $50 due to rarity.

Alan Rider and diegom like this.
  4. Thank you guys!
    The bass extender is out of stock, but I left my email address to notify me if/when it comes back.
    The guitar extender, which is available, is too short...

I had fashioned something from a wooden hanger, but it kept breaking... I guess I'll have to try to make something out of metal.

Alan Rider likes this.
  5. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    BassHook001.

Alan Rider and diegom like this.
  6. Alan Rider

Alan Rider

Mar 28, 2015
    London
    I have the same problem, but worse as its giving me agonising back cramps after I play so I can only use it sitting down (which I'd rather not do) so I'm desperate to get hold of one of these. Shame there aren't pre-drilled holes or this hook included as standard. Epic fail, Steinberger!

7. I was wondering if there was enough of a need/want to order some custom-made hooks from a machine shop. I don't have the CAD expertise, but I managed to get what I believe is a pretty accurate image of one.
    This shop even offers a CAD program, and the prices seem reasonable... Sample Prices of Custom Machined Parts | eMachineShop

Any further opinions or ideas?

Diego

8. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Please notify me when the steinberger extender comes in. I recently built a prototype for my Cort, but that model while fixing the balance problem, didn't take into consideration the folding away aspect. With it on, I can't put the bass in it's case. I would be up for a custom model if it's not to expensive.

9. Ital

Ital

May 20, 2016
    Hey, any luck with the strap hook, i've designed and had one made for myself, happy to help out if you need one made...italriddim on Facebook