1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD STEINBERGER Synapse Headless 5-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by probisch, Apr 23, 2017.

1. probisch

probisch Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this about a year ago because I was going to be traveling a lot for work. It served me well, but my job has changed back to an office job, and it is just sitting around. I bought it here on TB, and here is the original thread:

SOLD - STEINBERGER Synapse Headless 5-String Project w/Gig Bag - Gloss Black

I took it to a recommended repair shop here in San Diego, and after paying $120, it is a bit better than when I received it, but I don't think they were as good as my friend thought they were. For example, when I picked it up, they had it tuned B-G, even though I told them it was strung E-C. They told me I was wrong until they checked the gauges on the strings. So, I am selling for what I paid for it, even though I'm in it for more. If you have a good repair shop, it should be no big deal to make better. The action is stable, and a bit higher than I like, but still quite playable. Strings are new (E-C). Case is a bit worn, but not bad. It has a ding (shown), and slight wear and tear, but it is still very solid. If you have questions, let me know. Price is shipped to lower 48.

Attached Files:

2. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

Neck still can adjust with truss-rod or not ?

3. probisch

I'm not sure. Once I got it back, I just played it. I don't adjust truss rods, and I'm not going to try on this one. I have it priced low, same as I purchased it, thinking someone would take it somewhere and have it looked at. I think you just need a good repair person with experience in truss rods.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  4. drewwatersbass

drewwatersbass

Jun 26, 2017
    hi, is this still available?
    thank you
    Drew

5. probisch

Yes

6. drewwatersbass

drewwatersbass

Jun 26, 2017
    can you email me at drew bass at g mail?

7. timcan

timcan

Oct 18, 2008
    Toronto
    can you please let me know if bass still available for sale?
    please PM to me...