Steinberger XL-2 on ebay (scam?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by psi, Feb 7, 2006.

1. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
  2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I saw that, too. All the feedback are from sellers who bought really cheap items and are "no longer a registered user."

Pretty obvious scam, IMO. Love the comment about "the merchandise is new, true, have never use." :p
  3. zeronyne

zeronyne Recovering Keyboard Player

Nov 24, 2003
    What you have here is a hijacked account. You can't even be sure it's someone from outside the United States, and I certainly wouldn't blame the original account holder without further information.

I'd report it if I were you. In fact, I'll go ahead and report it.
  4. Martin Motnik

Martin Motnik

Aug 9, 2005
    Wow, never seen such a bad attempt to defraud like that. I like the IDs that gave him the 10 feedbacks. Let your cat walk over your keyboard, and you get those names. My very honest advice: don't even think about buying anything from this dude and report it to ebay immediately. It should be taken away and the ID erased within hours.

5. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA

6. RunngDog

RunngDog Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    One of the nuttiest listings I've seen. Says he'll accept PayPal only, then goes on to specify Western Union. Shipping method info at the bottom says "Ireland Only." Say what?

Looks to me like the listing was patched together from a bunch of different listings -- without much concern about consistency.
  7. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings

Are you sure it wasen't the first picture?

8. And it's removed now...