1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Steinberger XL-2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David Vector, Jan 8, 2019.

1. David Vector

David Vector Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Price:
    Strings:
    FOR SALE: Steinberger XL-2. In very good overall condition. Purchased from TB member Deepwoods in June 2018, only home studio use since then. It's been a very cool experience finally owning one of these iconic basses, but I must let it go to offset the cost of other gear priorities.

From the previous listing: "Steinberger XL-2, serial # 33XX puts it at '85 I believe. Recently refurbished by Jeff Babicz per previous owner. Frets are great with little wear. Very good condition and amazing player. Sounds so good! One blemish is a finish crack on neck heel that was filled. Could use some buffing. Previous owner had it x-rayed and confirmed it is non-structural. Priced accordingly."

See additional photos at the previous listing thread here:
    SOLD - Steinberger XL-2

Asking exactly what I paid for it, $2,250, which includes continental USA shipping via UPS Ground, insured for full purchase price with delivery signature required. Includes a Headless USA case and also throwing in a special stand I purchased from Headless USA (see photos). Paypal or postal money order accepted. No shipping outside the continental USA. Not looking for trades at this time. Thanks for looking!

XL2 body front closeup. XL2 body back. XL2 full on stand. XL2 full in case.

2. murmur70

murmur70

May 3, 2017
    Indiana
    I can't believe this is still available. Good luck!

David Vector likes this.
  3. David Vector

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    The Steinberger waits
    Eagerly, for its new home
    Will it go to yours?

(I could write a haiku for every day it's still here, but then potential buyers might be hesitant to purchase and thereby end the flow of deeply-inspired, near Vogon-level poetry.)

BritFunk, Soundworks and murmur70 like this.
  4. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    Would buy just for the Vogon poetry reference.

David Vector likes this.
  5. David Vector

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    EDIT: I had originally assumed (the word that gets us in trouble!) that if there was a Haz preamp in the bass that it must have come that way. However, a TB user who knows these preamps let me know that this is actually a newer version of the preamp that would have been added by an owner of this bass after the fact. Thanks for the info!

XL-2 interior 1 800w.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    BritFunk likes this.
  6. Enersha

Enersha Supporting Member

Bucket list bass just when I'm trying to get rid of stuff! Good luck with the sale!

David Vector likes this.
  7. FishDub

FishDub Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Guys, as a Steinie owner this is a killer deal...Reverb and CL Steinbergers are going for 2500-3000+, AND weren't set up by Babicz..AND don't have the Haz Pre..

David Vector and murmur70 like this.
  8. David Vector

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Sold!

Soundworks and murmur70 like this.
  9. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    Whew. That was too tempting.