1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Steinberger XL2 - 1984

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Jun 20, 2017.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my 1984 Steinberger XL2. I recently picked this up locally and it is KILLER! I have always wanted one. When I first started playing in the 80's these were the Holy Grail of Bass's. This thing has tone to die for. Crisp, clean and piano like. Cuts through the mix beautifully.
    This bass is in very good shape for a 33 yr old instrument. This bass does not come with the plug in leg rest. I am the 2nd owner. I bought it off the original owner who said that the leg rest was stolen at a gig in the late 80's. These come up for sale periodically if you are set on getting one but it has not affected my playing of the bass sitting and obviously not while on a strap. There are a couple very minor indents, one by the bridge pickup and the other on the back of the neck. I have included photos of both. These are barely noticeable. The only other imperfection if you will is the bridge saddle on the E string has the colour faded on it.

Everything works as it should. Electronics, tuners, bridge adjustment etc. It comes with the original allen key screwdriver for adjusting the bridge and also a hardcase. I am not sure if the hardcase is original. Probably not but it works well.

Selling for $2650 shipped in North America. I will ship overseas at the buyers expense.
    I am not really looking for trades. That said if you have a boutique 5 string you want to trade run it by me. You never know. Please only 5 string trade offers. Also, must be at least 18mm spacing and 19mm is prefered. I do not want to add cash to any trade so it would have to be a straight trade or cash coming my way. Like I said though I am not really looking for trades and would prefer cash.

Attached Files:

2. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Staying in southern Ontario.