Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steinberger XQ-25 $650 or Trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by GregBreshears, Sep 19, 2004.

1. GregBreshears

GregBreshears Commercial User

Jun 6, 2002
    Independence, MO
    Owner: Greg Breshears Guitarworks
    I am looking to either sell or trade my Steinberger USA XQ-25 5 string. This is the model that has the Ash body, and nice Graphite neck. It has 2 EMG Active Pickups with the Passive controls. The body is Red, but has some paint missing on the side of the body on the Treble side horn. (The previous owners brother knocked over the stand it was on) I will try to take some pictures of it to post or you can PM me and I'll email them to you. Besides the chip of missing paint and a few light scratches on the back covers it is a great bass.

As far as trades go, I am pretty open to different instruments of similar values, or would interested in a nice combo amp. But any trade offers you have feel free to ask.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Do you know if this is a wide neck model?

3. GregBreshears

Jun 6, 2002
    Independence, MO
    After doing a little bit more research about this model, I have found out it is actually a Maple body, and IS the wide 5 model. It also has the Version 1 body that is less rounded than the later V2 ash body.

4. GregBreshears

Jun 6, 2002
    Independence, MO
    this link should take you to the pictures of the bass. If you have any questions, or would like more pictures PM me.

Steinberger Pictures

5. phlybass

phlybass

Dec 18, 2003
    Email coming your way.

Alex

6. GregBreshears

Jun 6, 2002
    Independence, MO
    Thanks for everyone who has made offers, but the steinberger is now SOLD