Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flipperwhite, Jul 12, 2001.

1. flipperwhite

Jul 12, 2001
    does anybody remember the steinberger that had a beautiful honeyburst top,equal size hornes and I think it was called the "Q" series,it was kind of like the spirit line but much better looking
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    hmm.. I know the spirit series has that same finish I believe you are looking for... maybe i'm wrong.. I have a steingbeger xz-25 it works
  3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The XQ was the last Steinberger bass design. Unlike the L, M and P series, there was no corresponding guitar model.

After Gibson moved the company to Nashville they got the bright idea of offering fancy wood bodies (previously only solid color finishes were offered). They also decided to change from EMG electronics to Bartolini and later Duncan (but ONLY on the XQ, never on the XL series!!??). The XQ did NOT have symmetric horns; the XM did but it was never offered in honeyburst.

The Spirit line offers both XL and XQ style basses, by the way.
  4. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    There is a great yahoo club forum regarding steinbergers. It links from

There is talk that the XQ series will be re-released some time in the next year. I don't think it's confirmed who will be building the necks, but they will be graphite.

Time will tell.

5. flipperwhite

Jul 12, 2001
    thanks you guys,I really apereciate it.