Steisand's latest idiocy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Here's a link:

Click here for Streisand idiocy

Is it just me or is she a constant flow of ridiculous propaganda? She's the ultimate example of dumb hollywood tryin' to stick it's head into politics and getting it cut off. This isn't about whether you agree with her viewpoint or not so let's try not to start a debate about war in Iraq or not. Start your own thread if you want to debate that.

brad cook
  2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

stupid people are funny.
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Edited by Jazzbo.

Sweeping generalizations are bad.
  4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Someone here at talkbass was/is using that quote in their signature. :D
  5. Here's the compliment: Barbra S. has a voice like an angel. I really can't think of anyone who comes close to having the same tone and power as she. She is getting older, but, then again so are we all.

Here's my spin on her spin on anything: Who cares? I take Barbara about as seriously as I would Mr. Rogers. Can you imagine either of them addressing the U.N.? A three year old's birthday party? See what I mean?

Also, I have no respect for someone who says they suffer from stage fright, yet her tickets at her last concert averaged about $375.00 each.

She is indeed a funny girl. :D

MIke J.
  6. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Bush waved at Stevie Wonder? haha!
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hmmm...well whoever it is they'll probably change it now! :)

brad cook
  8. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Sorta like the blind leading the blind.
  9. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    My .02 on BS?

She's a dope.
  10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    There was a quote from someone involved with Barb's shindig (I can't remember if it was her manager or not) that said basically that her comitment to the Dem. party is so strong that she sang 9 songs instead 3 like she had originally planned. Now that's what I call commitment! I hope no one really takes advice from these self important idiots. :p
  11. mflaherty

mflaherty Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    The difference between Bush and Streisand is that Bush primarily misquotes himself.

It's time for Barbra to quit the field and leave the misquoting to the professionals like Bush and Drudge.
  12. dkmonroe

Jul 3, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Actually, Bush DIDN'T wave at Stevie Wonder. That's a myth. You can check out the details at
  13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I'm torn when it comes to Babs. I can't stand her politics and her snobby Malibu elitism, but she rocks in What's Up Doc, which is probably my favorite movie of all time.
  14. dkmonroe

Jul 3, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Babs is an excellent singer and a pretty good actress. If she makes an album, it's probably worth hearing. If she makes a movie, it's probably worth seeing. However, I don't think she needs to seek out a second career as a political pundit. She just makes herself look foolish.
  15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I pay as much attention to Babs as I do Drudge:rolleyes:

Besides, the ultimate example of Hollywood and politics IMO is Reagan.
  16. Well, Ms Streisand one very smart lady - but I just can't stand the "yowl" of her voice. It reminds me of a yodeling sea-lion. I think Whitney Whooooooooston and Ms S must have gone to the same singing coach. The words "Great voice!" never cross my mind when I hear either of those "singers".

- Wil
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    even if it's not shakespeare, it's still not a bad quote.
  18. A friend of mine said it best: "Being famous doesn't make you any less stupid."
  19. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Aw, c'mon Brad.....who are you gonna believe??? - a diva who earns a large part of her income by playing "make believe" for a living - or - just those clueless dopes in the White House who get their info second-hand from spy satellites, the NSA, the CIA, Interpol, and all those other amateurs???

A quote from Barbie, who instructed the MGM Grand that no employees were to look her in the eye when she performed there and told David Bowie he had to go back into the studio and re-record a song because she didn't like the way he pronounced her name -

"Women are superior to men. I don't even think we're equal." - Babs....(I thought liberal Democrats believed in unbridled equality :confused: )

She can hit all the notes and one of my prof's in college, the head of music dept., loved her. But every time I hear her drippy, phoney, delivery I can't but help think of one of Margaret Keane's insipid paintings that are sold through ads in grocery store magazines -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.