Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

STELLA!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Jul 1, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I don't know if you guys saw the premier of this show on Comedy Central, but let me tell you.... It is hilarious!! Seriously.... if you haven't seen it, you should. Anybody else seen it? Ahhh its my favorite show now.... :smug:

2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    If it was the one where the did open heart surgery on their landlord, I saw part of it. Pretty darn funny indeed.

3. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Dude i know stella is the best show, almost as good as the good old Tom green show, stella is claaaaaaaasic

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Bah. Comedy Central impresses me no more.

5. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I've had two people tell me this show is great and I should watch it. So here's my question:

Did you find the previews for it funny?

Because I thought those made it look absolutely 100% unfunny. So are the previews inaccurate, or is the show not my style of humor?

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I thought this was gonna be a thread about A Streetcar Named Desire.

brad cook

7. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Stella sucks.

Michael Ian Black is dragged down with this stinker.

8. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    Based on the previews, it doesn't seem funny at all.

I don't get this.
    I don't get Mr. Show.
    And I don't get British humor either.

Give me stand up anyday.
    That Mind of Mencia show looks promising though.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Stella is an odd bird. They performed at my school, they were entertaining, but hit and miss humor wise. A bunch of my friends got their shorts DVD and I watched that, still hit and miss.

And then something happened, I'm not quite sure what. I was doing work on the computer while my roommate was watching their DVD and I was just listening to the audio and it was hilarious! All of a sudden some switch was flipped in my brain and I loved Stella.

I liked the premiere, I think their kind of "Live-Action Loony Tune" style comedy is helped by having a bigger budget and a better, more dynamic camera. It's not for everyone though, some will find it hilarious, other's with think its just stupid.

"We can't come to the door, we're in a tableau!"

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I just saw a part of an episode last night, and it was pretty darn funny!

11. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

The show was ok. It wasn't that funny. However, I do really enjoy the theme music for the show.

12. I thought the advertisements for the show were completely unfunny, and found the show itself to be absolutely hilarious.

Michael Ian Black is a funny man.

13. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I thought the music was good too, but can you tell me, is it funk rock or is it funk rock?

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    my roommates and i saw the stella stand up thing on comedy central and really liked that.

but they said that the show wasn't as good. :meh:

(i didn't stay up. :oops: )

15. Knives

Knives

Mar 18, 2005
    Athens, Ga
    Did not laugh a single time during the entire show. Then again, I have maybe laughed two or three times during the new Family Guys but the old Futurama episodes still get a rise out of me. To me Stella is the type of show you just watch because its there, not for any interest. Kind of like how kids drink booze because its there.

16. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    [​IMG]

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Have not seen it yet but i find michael ians black style of humor funny when he does stuff on I love the 90s or w/e but i havent found him funny in any scripted things.

18. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

19. sounded like strait up funk to me... but then again i am white,lol

stella is the funniest show ive seen in a long long time, and mind of mencia looks funnier. i cant stop laughing every time i hear his stand up.

20. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

+1

How could this show be any better than Shorties Watchin Shorties? They cancel Shorties, and feed me this garbage?!?! Comedy Central has gotten pretty lame these last few months, the only good programming they have is when they run movies like Jay and Silent Bob or Denis Leary standup late at night with no editing. :D

IMHO,

Oog