1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD StellarTone ToneStyler Bass 15 (passive pickup mod)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ExaltBass, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Price:
    StellarTone ToneStyler Bass 15 (passive pickup mod)
    $95 Shipped CONUS ToneStyler Only

/ add $10 for prewired volume/jack
    / add $15 for prewired volume/jack & Mustang Bass control plate.

96E53752-7690-4441-AD4E-F23E0F9B0A18.

As most passive-bass pluckers are aware, rolling down one’s tone knob cuts high frequencies, but it also takes a big bite out of your bass’s midrange. With its ToneStyler Bass, Stellartone has devised a way to maintain those mids.

Conventional tone pots posses a single capacitor—typically valued around .047µF—but Stellartone’s ingenious ToneStyler circuit packs away 15 distinct capacitors, each of which produces a unique frequency contour. By shifting the resonant frequency of your pickups at each of those settings, the ToneStyler profoundly broadens the range of possible tones from a passive instrument.

Installing the Stellartone is easy—armed with little more than a soldering gun and some pliers, I swapped the ToneStyler for my bass’s stock tone pot in minutes. The change was pretty remarkable.

bullitproof likes this.
  2. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    PM'd

3. BStringJerry

BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
    Texas
    I'll take the tonestyler.

4. ExaltBass