1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stellartone ToneStyler Bass Eleven demo

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by GlueKill, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Howdy folks. This isn't quite as fun to listen to as the stuff Pertybass has done, but I wanted to show how the same riff sounds at all 11 settings using a direct line. It is a bit clinical, but adding compression or sticking a microphone in front of an amplifier would alter the sound to the point where you wouldn't know how much of what you are hearing is the instrument versus what it's plugged into. I just put some D'Addario Chromes on this same bass and will record another demonstration soon to show how much that changes the tone compared to the roundwounds that were on it.

2. Briton

Briton

Apr 4, 2009
    London,England
    I have one on my PBass and the lower bass settings seem to be a lot quieter than the treble settings as you turn the knob clockwise which can be heard on your good demonstration.

3. Just uploaded another demonstration of the same instrument with flatwound strings this time. The sound in the higher settings is trebly enough that you wouldn't necessarily know those were Chromes.