Step By Step Guide To Replacing P-bass Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by radio_clash, Jul 25, 2005.

1. :help: would anyone be kind enough to give me a step by step guide to replacing p-bass pickups using really basic terms - I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to the electronics side of things and I don't particularly wanna get a local tech to do it (they charge stupid amounts - £50 to change a pickup!!?!?!)

Thanks a bunch

2. FWIW, this should be really simple. There should only be two leads on your split P. Draw a picture of where they go, or better yet, take a picture with a digital camera. Then remove the old pups and put the new ones in reconnecting the wires to the same place.
  3. Monomer

Jul 22, 2005

a black sharpie usually does the trick.

hell, theres only ONE wire that you really need to remember; the signal wire. The other is just a ground that usually gets soldered to the back of a pot.
  4. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Try this. remove the old pickup one wire at a time. Each time you disconnect one wire from the old pickup, solder into place the matching wire from the new pickup, that way you will have no confusion about which wires went where. Further, usually, the pickup wire colors are color coded so you will know which one goes where.