1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Step by step how to make a video to post on YouTube?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jamestown94west, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I want to make a few videos to use to help me when I'm trying to find a gig or a new band, and I need to show someone my bass playing. I'm absolutely 100% lost when it comes to figuring out to make a video of me playing along to a song.
    I have a laptop with Windows 7, a couple basses, an amp, and desire to display my musical abilities on YouTube for all to see.

I dont mind to buy a few things if I need to, to have a decent set up to do this with. My budget is miniscule though.

Oh I also have a digital video camera.

I feel like I'm already halfway there equipment wise, I just need to figure out how to make the video.

Help!!!!!!!

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't know if you want anything more complicated or artsy, but it's pretty basic...

You might want to get a tripod for your camera ($15 for a little desktop one at Bestbuy). Set it up facing you and your amp, hit "record" and start playing.

Transfer the video file to the hard drive of your computer. (I assume it has a USB cable or a memory card or something for this...)

Go to youtube, set up an account if you don't already have one, and click "upload video" toward the top of the screen. Upload your video.

Done.

3. What if I wanted to get fancy with the audio, and sync my bass playing to an audio track so it sounded a lot better than just having a song play in the back ground

4. TinyE

TinyE

Jan 31, 2013
    portland,or
    Adobe premier elements is a good beginner editing tool. Its easy to use and cheap on amazon. It will do everything you will need.